Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Will ISA become my legal guardian in Australia?

No – ISA Service does not constitute legal guardianship. ISA is your local advocate/carer in Australia. Your ISA Advocate is there to guide you and assist you and your family with any issues you may have.

How do I meet my ISA Advocate?

Before you travel to Australia, you MUST notify ISA of your full flight arrival details (as soon as you book your ticket). We will contact you before you leave home and give you important information about traveling to Australia and meeting your ISA Advocate.

If I have problems in Australia how will ISA help me?

Every student is allocated an individual ISA Advocate, who is available to assist you with any problems or questions you may have.

What happens if I need assistance after school hours or on weekends/holidays?

ISA provides 24 hour emergency assistance to all students.

My parents cannot speak English. How will ISA communicate with them?

ISA has a large team of multilingual speakers. We endeavour to match you with a local carer who can communicate in your parents' language.

Can I work when I am studying?

Yes, you are permitted to work certain hours, your ISA Advocate will advise you on the hours you are permitted to work and also ensure you are being paid correctly.

What if I'm nervous about adjusting to life in Australia?

Over 20+ years, we have helped thousands of students in your situation. Your ISA Advocate will meet with you regularly and will help you to feel comfortable, safe and secure in Australia.

What happens if I need medical attention?

Your ISA Advocate will assist you with understanding and accessing doctors and hospitals in Australia. In Australia, we recommend you only go to a hospital emergency room in an emergency.

What happens if I have a problem with my accommodation?

Your ISA Advocate will meet you at your accommodation to make sure that it is safe, clean, and appropriate for you. If you have any problems with your accommodation, your ISA Advocate can assist you.

Is there a curfew for students under the age of 18?

Each education provider has specific policies and procedures for under 18 students. As a general rule most providers do have a curfew time for under 18 students. ISA will explain the curfew rules and process to you.

Can I stay with my parents if they come to visit me?

Most education providers have a process for you to apply to stay with your parents. Your ISA Advocate can guide you in the process and assist you make the request to the education provider.

Can I go to my home country during holiday periods?

Yes, you are permitted to travel to your home country during holiday periods. Your ISA Advocate will assist you complete the application process with your education provider as they must approve your travel.

More Questions?